Thermal activity in Boario begins at the end of the 18th century, although since the 15th the therapeutic properties of these waters were known. In the second half of the 19th century it became a place of healing and worldly gathering for the rich bourgeois. Its fame grew to the point that its thermal waters began to be sold in the apothecary shops in Milan: one great appraiser was Alessandro Manzoni who took advantage for a long time of the healthy and beneficial properties of the Camunian waters. In 1913 the Liberty dome was built and still today it is the symbol of the Boario spa. Recently it has been deeply renovated and equipped with a modern wellness centre, to satisfy the most heedful and demanding customers.