Church of St. Brizio - Monno
The church of St. Brizio is located at the foot of the town of Monno (Amon) along a country road heading towards Edolo. Formerly it was Monno’s parish, whose rectors are already cited since 1284; later it was substituted by the church of St. Pietro and Paolo.
The structure was rebuilt in 1470 and remodeled in 1657, as stated in the tombstone walled up outside the northern wall. In this same inscription are remembered also the numerous indulgences granted to the church by the bishops following Charlemagne. In 1580, during Carlo Borromeo’s visit, the structure was described as «remote» from the town and in poor conditions. The inside of the church is decorated with paintings from the 18th century, while the presbytery contains a sumptuous wooden altar piece made by Giovanni Battista Zotti. The sanctuary was very rich of votive offerings, which however were burned after the pastoral visit of Brescia bishop, monsignor Giacinto Tredici.